KASHMIR & VAISHNU DEVI
Kashmir is the northernmost geographical region of the Indian subcontinent. Until the mid-19th century, the term “Kashmir” denoted only the Kashmir Valley between the Great Himalayas and the Pir Panjal Range. Today, it denotes a larger area that includes the Indian-administered territory
of Jammu and Kashmir (subdivided into Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh divisions), the Pakistani-administered territories of Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan, and Chinese-administered territories of Aksai Chin and the Trans-Karakoram Tract.
In the first half of the 1st millennium, the Kashmir region became an important centre of Hinduism and later of Buddhism; later still, in the ninth century, Kashmir Shaivism arose.In 1339, Shah Mir became the first Muslim ruler of Kashmir, inaugurating the Salatin-i-Kashmir or Shah Mir dynasty Kashmir was part of the Mughal Empire from 1586 to 1751, and thereafter, until 1820, of the Afghan Durrani Empire.That year, the Sikhs, under Ranjit Singh, annexed Kashmir. In 1846, after the Sikh defeat in the First Anglo-Sikh War, and upon the purchase of the region from the British under the Treaty of Amritsar, the Raja of Jammu, Gulab Singh, became the new ruler of Kashmir. The rule of his descendants, under the paramountcy (or tutelage) of the British Crown, lasted until the partition of India in 1947, when the former princely state of the British Raj was claimed by both Pakistan and India. It is currently a disputed territory, administered by three countries: India, Pakistan, and China.
Best Travelling places in Kashmir:
Jammu and Kashmir is the northernmost state of India locked in Himalayan Mountains. Jammu and Kashmir is home to several Valleys such as the Kashmir Valley, Tawi Valley, Chenab Valley, Punch Valley, Sindh Valley and Lidder Valley. Some major tourist attractions in Jammu and Kashmir are Srinagar, the Mughal Gardens, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Patnitop, Jammu, and Ladakh. Some areas require a special permit for non-Indians to visit.
Kashmir tourist place …
- Vernag Spring and Mughal Garden- A fresh water spring and a Mughal garden next to it, spring is chief source of Jhelum River.
- Amarnath temple – pilgrimage site for Hindu devotees of Shiva.
- Srinagar – Summer Capital of Jammu and Kashmir, a popular hill station
- Dal lake– famous lake in Srinagar, with house boats called shikharas.
- Manasbal Lake
- Shalimar Gardens—Mughal Garden
- Nishant Gardens-Mughal Garden
- Chashme Shahi– Mughal Garden
- Badamwari Garden
- Pari Mahal– old monument of Pari Mahal, one can have full view of Dal Lake.
- Shankaracharya Temple– Ancient Temple of Lord Shiva
- Hari Parbat– Ancient Temple of Goddess Sharika Bhagwati and an old fort on this hill.
- Kheer BhawaniTemple
- Martand Sun Temple– a Kashmiri Hindu temple dedicated to Surya (the chief solar deity in Hinduism) and built during the 8th century CE. Martand is another Sanskrit name for the Hindu Sun-god. Now in ruins, the temple is located five miles from Anantnag.
- Gulmarg– Popular hill station and skiing destination.
- Pahalgam– Hill station
- Betaab Valley– A lush green valley 06 km from Pahalgamwhere the movie Betaab was shot.
- Sonmarg– Hill station
- Yusmarg– Hill station
- Aru– scenic valley
- Eco-tourism places:Gurez, Dudhpathri, Bangus valley.
Kashmir Best time to Visit:
- February to December.
Day 1-Reach Jammu and transfer to Katra hotel. After lunch visit visit Vaishnodevi Darshan.Night stay at Katra.
Day2-Own activites.Night Stay at Katra.
Day 3-Started journey for Katra to Srinagar via Patnitop(distance 240km approx)Reach Srinagar in the evening.Night stay at Srinagar.
Day 4-After breakfast at 08:00 A.M. visit Shankaracharya Temple. Return to hotel for lunch.After lunch visit Mughal Gardens (Shalimarbag, Nishatbag and Chashmeshahi). Night stay at Srinagar.
Day 5-After Breakfast visit Sonamarg.Return to Srinagar in the evening and night stay at Srinagar.
Day 6-After Breakfast visit Gulmarg(Cable car activites).Return to Srinagar in the evening and night stay at Srinagar.
Day 7-After breakfast proceed Pahalgaon and visit Chandanwari , Betab Valley and Aroo (Srinagar to Pahelgam distance 90 approx).night stay at Pahalgam.
Day 8-Early morning Transfer Pahalgaon to Jammu Station/Airport.(distance 270 approx).
By road u can cover JAMMU & KASHMIR.
Book Car Just call – 9903277934/7278582057
Nearest station– The nearest railway station Jammu(JAT)
Nearest Airport– Nearest airport Srinagar(SXR) & Jammu(IXJ)